Tomato ‘n’ bean tango
Note this is not for the faint-hearted; it’s for those who want to eat as healthy and as natural as possible. It has no dressing, no seasoning, no fancy foot work but I assure you it’s high in neat vitamins and minerals. Enjoy.
- Remove the tips of the green beans, wash and then microwave, blanch or boil for a minute or two.
- Immerse immediately into cold water so as to stop the cooking process and maintain the vibrant green color.
- Wash tomatoes and cut into chunks as decided.
- Combine the vegetables in a pretty plate and it’s ready to eat.
- Watermelon juice ‘n’ Tropical salad
- Banana slices
- Papaya (paw paw) cubes
- Pineapple cubes
- Watermelon cubes (two portions; one for salad and the other for juice)
- For the salad, combine the above fruits in layers (you can use other tropical fruits available to you).
- For the juice, put the watermelon cubes in a blender and run till smooth.
- Sieve, chill and its ready to drink.
- For extra zing and pazazz, you could lime wedges and sugar.
- Orange juice ‘n’ fruit salad
- Apple wedges
- Papaya cubes
- For the salad, combine the apple and papaya in layers in a bowl.
- For the orange juice, you need about 4 to 5 oranges depending on the size of the oranges or your glass.
- Wash the oranges, cut them cross-wise into two and squeeze them using an orange squeezer. Prior to this, you may peel off the rind using a knife if you are concerned that the zest will enter and give the juice a bitter taste. This is especially necessary if the oranges have thick rind.
- Sieve the juice and pour into a glass.