- 1 small tuber of yam, boiled and mashed.
- 400g of beef seasoned, boiled in a little water and pounded (seasoning: fresh ginger, grated garlic, salt, turmeric, thyme and adobo seasoning).
- Stew made from 6 tatashe (red bell peppers), 4 attaragu (Scotch bonnet peppers), vegetable oil and meat stock.
- 1 medium onion finely chopped.
- 1 medium green pepper finely chopped.
- 4 egg whites
- Brown bread crumbs.
- Vegetable oil for deep frying.
- Combine the yam, meat, stew and chopped vegetables. Mix with well washed hands.
- Mold into small balls.
- So as not to get things messy, dip the balls 5 at a time into the egg white and then roll in bread crumbs only after you have dipped all 5 in egg.
- Do this to all the balls and then fry in hot oil till crisp and golden brown.
- Serve hot.
Makes about 60 balls.